Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Something SO Icky is Something SO Yummy!


This is what I messaged my husband at work:
"Do you know what time you're going to be home? I have some icky, icky bananas I need you to squeeze into the bowl for me." ...which he did.

If the bananas are just ripe, I can handle it, BUT, if the bananas have been frozen... I cannot handle those runny, gooey things. Here comes the gag reflex! So, these bananas had been frozen and yuck, who knew they could be transformed into something so yummy it would turn my daughter into a little mouse.

I showed her this picture and after putting her hands out she said, "I was having a taste!"


Tanya's Banana Bread

This is the yummiest banana bread! It's pretty much a no-fail.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3-4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter
1 & 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

blend water and bananas to make smooth. Add sugar, eggs, and butter and blend. Sift flour, soda, salt, and baking powder and mix. (Add walnuts if adding them) Pour into four small loaf pans. Bake for 25-30 min until toothpick comes out clean.

I love this recipe. This is from a co-worker and any time I need a good recipe, I'll call her. I will also sneak and substitute 2/3 cups of wheat flour for white (if I have it milled). We don't even notice. I also do this with chocolate chip cookies.

3 comments:

Ralphie said...

I LOATHE bananas, but LOVE banana bread and all things with banana's baked into it.

snappy said...

Yep, that's Sinny for you! If you don't watch out she'll empty your bag for you!

Reynolds Family said...

She is so darling! We also have little mice in our house. So much fun.