Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Power of Friendship

My Friend, thank you so much for your tribute. I find that very selfless; to feel lonely and then give a tribute to people you hold dear. I'm so grateful for you in my life. I've gained a testimony that the Lord puts people in our lives for specific reasons and purposes and I know that's the case when he put you specifically in my life at a special point in time. No mistaking that.

There is a scripture, Alma 53:2: And Moroni went to the city of Mulek with Lehi, and took command of the city and gave it unto Lehi. Now behold, this Lehi was a man who had been with Moroni in the more part of all his battles; and he was a man like unto Moroni, and they rejoiced in each other’s safety; yea, they were beloved by each other, and also beloved by all the people of Nephi.

It was very significant to me, that their friendship was recorded. In this small little portion of one scripture, it speaks volumes to me. Friendships are very important in our lives and something to rejoice over. To support each other, endure things together, and to love each other and our neighbors.

You are beloved to me. I rejoice with you in your accomplishments, your little family, and your experiences. Thanks for sharing them with us on your blog and keeping in touch with me over the years. I bet the next time we're together, it will be like we never missed a day. I think it will be like that when we meet all our friends across the veil as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Miss KT,
Thank you for putting into words what I feel in my heart. Having not only lost your mom as a dear friend, but my bestest friend ever 3 years ago today, I understand the sadness.
You girls are so beautiful, and I am amazed at your love and tenderness.
Aunt Elaine

Anonymous said...

I am so touched. This is truly the nicest thing anyone has EVER said about me. Thank you. Thank you for the scripture. I needed it. I cried for a bit and then remembered why I am so very thankful for all of my dear friends! You are truly a sister of my heart.
love you.
JR