Monday, November 12, 2007

The Stuff That Life is Made of

My dear friend, Suzanna, was the type of friend that comes along once in a lifetime. The kind that you can share anything with, no matter how silly, or stupid and know that they'll love you anyway. She loved my kids like they were her own and she was the one I wanted to leave my kids to, should anything happen to my husband and I because she was like me and I knew they'd get to know me by who she was. Everyone LOVED Suzanna. She could meet someone new and five minutes later, they would feel so good about themselves. She genuinely loved others. She was fun and crazy and smart and caring and we'd watch silly TV shows together and laugh. We decided that TV shows were better than watching movies together because we could talk during the commercials. She referred to us as "bosom buddies" and I would get down on my knees almost every night and while praying, thank my Heavenly Father for her in my life. She played with her two boys more than any mom I have ever known and my boys pray all the time that the resurrection will come soon so that they can see her again. She passed away almost two years ago and I miss her. I lost my mom at 12 and my best friend at 27. I have many wonderful friends, but there's just something about that one friend that "gets you" better than anyone else. I've learned that my siblings are the those kinds of friends too. My sisters are like that to me. My one sister lives near me know, but will be moving across the country in the spring and I will be sad not to have her house to run to on weekends. We've said though that it will be exciting because we'll get to find stuff in our mailboxes from each other. I'm just so grateful for the special time had with my mom, my friend, and my sister. It's priceless and the stuff that life is made of.

6 comments:

snappy said...

love this post, so sad yet beautiful. I love that you have a blog too! You are becoming such a good writer! You should post some of your poetry. I love to read it and haven't in a long time.

Lucky Starfish said...

I am so glad to see that you have a blog. I just feel so much more connected when I can read about the little everyday things. I don't know if that makes sense, but I look forward to reading more about your thoughts, feelings, dreams, memories, etc.

Lucky Starfish said...

Did I mention that I love your blog?? I love the title, your special posted thoughts, and the picture of the kids at the bottom! It is magical, even if the reasons are unknown.

I wish we could all be together for Thanksgiving. I miss ya tons!!

Anonymous said...

I envy your ability to express your thought so beautifuly. I hope one day to find a friend as great as you found in Suzanna- or even better.. to be that kind of friend.
Jalene

Anonymous said...

Totally know what you're saying...

Anonymous said...

I miss her, too even now. Whenever I watch the homevideos of Nathan and Brendan with Suzanna and I it makes me smile remembering how good a friend she was to me at a time my life was falling apart around me. She is missed.