I clearly had one of those moments tonight. Note: It was been raining ALL day here.
I took our recycle box to the curb tonight wearing black dress pants, warm fuzzy socks and my husbands too-big, old sandals. Right where we leave our cans is an underground water main that recently broke. Thus, the lovely construction workers dug a really big hole, fixed the break, and filled in the hole with sand and gravel. It now looks like a square of dirt and gravel where the grass doesn't grow. I've even had the thought, "that looks creepy, like if I step on it, I'll fall in." Of course, it's filled with dirt, so it didn't happen... until tonight, in the dark, in the cold, and all alone. You see, there was newspaper on the patch of dirt that I wanted to put in the recycle box and after having the same thought of "that looks creepy, like if I step on it, I'll fall in," I thought to myself, "that's silly, it's a fear to face and overcome," I stepped into what felt like quicksand! Cold, wet, squishy and yikes! I'm sinking! I AM falling in! While trying to step out, my other leg sunk a little further. I had to bend over the grass and help push myself out while gasping with shock and trying to keep my husband's sandals on my feet and not lose them in the goop! I just started laughing. Lugging my heavy, sandy, muddy covered feet up the incline to the front door, I laughed to myself. I certainly thought that kind of stuff only happened in the movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny Katie!! I can't believe that that actually happened - totally cracks me up - i probably would have lost it. Kudos to you for laughing after!!
o my goodness...that really was funny! thanks for putting it up! i love that totally stupid things happen to others and not just me! :)
Creepy!!! I will stay away from any dirt/gravel pits that come my way.
Nice! I can just picture your kids finding out about the mud hole and making you some pies!
Post a Comment