Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Sneak Peak


One of my very favorite things to do at Christmas is buy an ornament for those in my family for something that represents them or an event from that year. My m-i-l does this for us and I loved the idea so much that I started doing it for my family Each year, it is so fun to take a little stroll down memory lane as we gingerly handle our treasures and put them on the tree.
Now, I come from a pretty big family: 2 parents, 10 siblings, 4 in-laws, and 8 nieces and nephews.(Am I missing anyone?) Once in awhile I'll throw in a grandparent or a friend, but this year I get to add a new in-law! My brother recently proposed to the love of his life and so when I saw this ornament today, it brought a smile to my face. I just thought it was perfect for her. They fight fires, ride motorcycles, snowmobile, and do a lot of fun activities together. It says, "We are filled with joy," and I thought that spoke perfectly to how my family feels about her joining us. I hope she likes it as much as I do! I usually feel that way about most the ornaments I buy. I can't wait to hear how they liked it after opening it. So..... this is a sneak peak into the ornament collection I've got going under my bed so far this year.

2 comments:

Lucky Starfish said...

This ornament is sooo perfect! She will LOVE it, I have no doubt about that.

This is a great sneak peak. I can't wait to open Mine! You always pick the best ornaments.

Anonymous said...

That must get expensive! 24 ornaments- good thing you got a raise this year.