Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Everyone!

You know the saying... A goal is just a wish if you don't write it down. I also remember a documentary on some people trying to loose weight. Before taking the challenge to loose X amount of pounds, they had to agree that if they did not make their goal, a picture of them in a bikini or speedo, taken before the diet began, would be played on national television. If they completed the goal, they would get to keep the photos. Moral of the lesson, public goal setting motivates... so here I go!

1. I do not want to say unkind things about other people. I believe it was Thumper's father who taught, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." When I die, I want people to say about me, "She never said unkind things about others." I want to be an uplifting person.

2.
I want to get my emergency preparedness... prepared. I want to be prepared come what may. I guess I'm a boy scout at heart. Be prepared. I had a little experience the other day while swimming with my daughter for her swimming lesson. The fire alarm went off and we were escorted outside in the cold. Wet and cold with bare feet. It was a GREAT lesson! They say to run scenarios and practice. It was great practice. Always have keys available to you... even while swimming. (Our community center is connected to the high school and I think they over-cooked the lunch in the cafeteria or something.)

3. I want to get involved. For both me and my kids. I'm fairly new at the whole "city living" thing. When I was young we played outside and made mud pies. City childhood involves going places and planning things. It's a new experience for me, so I want to be better at it. (Fern, thanks for being such a great example of that to me!) I also need more social interaction to help fill my "happy tank," so I would like to join my local Mother's of Twins club and plan a monthly book group/recipe exchange. I've had a little experience in the past, but would like to start one in our new location. Any good book suggestions?

4 comments:

Lucky Starfish said...

oh man, you are much better about goals than I am. I had a goal to get straight A's this semester... even posted it on my blog. You know what I ended up getting?? a B+, a B, and a C-. Hopefully you will be far more succesfull than I!

snappy said...

For finding places to take your kids look at your cities website. I signed up for an e-mail called Indy downtown dot com. It tells me when the parades are held, upcoming sports events, symphony concerts, etc.

Kt said...

starfish... I don't think I'm going to be perfect at accomplishing these goals either, but trying is the part that counts the most! Right?

Lucky Starfish said...

KT, on the bright side....

I still managed to raise my GPA which was my overall goal. Even a start on these goals is important. You'll be great.