Thursday, December 6, 2007
The Need For Speed
Men don't think that women have a need for speed. But I would like to venture to spill the bills; just a little ladies. You see, I use to be a young teenager that would crank up the stereo as I drove home from school or to the mall and feel cool and confident in my Independence. After having a child or two and getting the family car to fit everyone in, the only CD's handy are different versions of best loved children's' songs. After listening to, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" 14 times in row on the way home because my youngest says, "Again!" it becomes apparent that the youth and coolness has indeed, slipped from my grips and that's it! Just like that, I'm old! But..., sit me down in a car without car-seats, with a purse instead of a diaper bag, and with some actual base; a subtle transformation occurs: Oh yes, crank it up! It's Stone Temple Pilots! Try to beat the guy next to me at the red light and get on that short stretch of freeway, because I feel a need for speed! Just watch that youthful, confident person return, even if it's just for 5 minutes as I run to rent a movie. Ladies... I think you would have to admit, that I am not the only one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Yes! I don't have kids, but Dad says that I am a 'city driver'. Even my friends say that I am a 'passionate' driver. I LOVE my need for speed!
I must be getting old. I like to drive as if it is Sunday afternoon and I have nowhere to go.
Post a Comment